The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Monday, September 19, 2005

The greatest show on Earth

Made our annual pilgrimage to the circus Sunday - and, as usual, it was a great time. Yes, I'm a circus nut. Love it. :-) We've been going to Ringling for years now - have the programs to prove it. Not to mention the collection of snow cone mugs. This year I got a horse - that makes it 11 mugs so far.

And, I have to admit, when the ringmaster says, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey, The Greatest Show On Earth", I never fail to get a lump in my throat. It's a tradition for us, and so has the sort of significance that traditions tend to have for each of us.

So, I've gotten my circus fix for this fall - saw Cirque in Columbus a week ago, and Ringling a day ago. Every time, I think what it'd be like to run away with the circus. But, reality kicks in on the way home, and I remember that I'm where God intends me to be. And I'm content with that.

But, hey... I still look at my clown wig and shoes, and dream... :-D

No comments: