The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

R.I.P. Wally Bronner

I've only been to Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth once, but I totally loved it. Hard to believe that much Christmas stuff is available, and then all in one store. Great place.

So, I was sad to see that Wally Bronner just passed away. You got to admire someone who never caved to pressure, and refused to commercialize Christmas. To him, the focus of Christmas is Christ, and that came through in every part of his business. (even the spelling of his CHRISTmas Wonderland)

Enter into the joy of your Lord, Wally. And thanks...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I heard an old interview with him on NPR this morning (why I was listening, I have no idea). He said of all of the Christmas ornaments and decorations, he loved selling the nativity scenes the best. :)