The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

To "Shade Of My Heart"...


Happy Anniversary, my dearest Sue!

"It was 26 years ago today, Sgt. Vicki taught the man to play. They've been goin' in and out of style, but they're guaranteed to raise a smile. So let me introduce to you the act you've known for all these years..."
Mr. and Mrs. Cal & Vicki Olson

Regrets? Only that I've taken way too long to become the man I am today. Lessons learned? Too many to count. Laughter? Too much to imagine.

Having your best friend as your lifelong companion? Priceless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The festivities? Supper at Noodles & Company. Yup - that's it. Why? It's August. I don't see my beloved until sometime in September, after C-stone is up and running for the fall semester.

The gifts? Glad you asked...

Vicki received a painting that I commissioned for her back in April. The artist, our dear friend Lindsay, did a magnificent job with a wolf portrait for Vicki. She loves it, and Lindsay - YOU ROCK!!!!!! :-D

Shameless Commercial: Follow the link above to learn more about Lindsay's art - she is very talented, and you'll enjoy it!

Cal received a gift that keeps on giving - the mighty iMac. I know it's a good one when I overheard Vicki talking to her mom tonight, and she mentioned how almost every night this week I've been at the keyboard, just playing and working on songs, and how it's been a long l-o-n-g time since that's been the case.

The iMac makes creating music a joy, and it's nice to feel that joy again. Thank you, dearheart!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One last thing... My friend Suzie has been working on a list of the top 10 greatest things about being married. It's gushy, sweet, and totally written from the starry-eyed perspective of a newlywed. :-D

For the record, everything she's mentioned so far only gets better as it goes along. We're 26 years into this marriage thing, and it's still amazing. So, here's a big ol' "HECK YEAH!!" out to my friends Suzie and David. I hope we continue to seek the joy and enthusiasm in our marriage that you have found in yours. Blessings, friends!!

"Mawriage... is what bwings us togethah today. Mawriage - that dweam wifhin a dweam..."

Not to mention "Twue Wove." :-D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, congrats on 26 years! Second off, I would be myself, if I didn't point out that the syllables in the Beatles parody at the beginning didn't quite line up...

Glad to hear all is well!

Slim Jim

Cal said...

Yes, and your point on the second point would be?... :-D Poetic license, my friend.

Give McSam and McSon a hug for us.

Anonymous said...

Will do :), and don't forget about McBaby.

I never was one who did well in English/Writing classes when I was a lad...

Slim Jim