The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cool stuff I learned in Missouri

1) Vicki and I are unsinkable... we've survived both the traveling Titanic exhibit that was in Chicago some years back, and we both survived the Titanic Museum in Branson. (short backstory: they give you a boarding pass when you come in, and at the end you can see if you "lived." Both times, we both lived.)

2) I really wish we had a Sonic drive-in in W. Michigan - GOOD STUFF!

3) Vicki and I like sorghum. Especially on a big ol' warm dinner roll that was thrown at you from across the room. (a restaurant called Lambert's, "the home of Throwed Rolls")

4) I could get used to Missouri. Pretty place - mountains when ya want 'em, flat places too, nice folks... Vicki and I will be back there -soon. :-D

5) Branson is a crazy place - crazy cool, crazy weird, and crazy crazy. I like it.

6) Seeing the arch in St. Louis at night was an amazing experience. Wish we could have stopped for pictures, but that'll have to wait for the next time we go through.

7) The Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Springfield makes Cabella's look like an empty parking lot. Whoa!!!

8) Sometimes you find the coolest stuff in the most unlikely places... Bought a CD called "Illuminate" at the aforementioned Bass Pro Shop,and I love it. It's Gregorian Chant with some cool nature sounds and instrumental backgrounds. Beautiful!

9) I really liked the Hollywood Wax Museum in Branson, but the displays took a weird theme change near the end...

And the last thing I learned in Missouri?

10) If you turn someone down who offers you "healing and the Words of Life," it confuses the HECK out of them. :-D Ask one of us about this in person - telling it here just wouldn't do the story justice.

Thank you, Andrew & Shantel - we had a GREAT time, and can't wait to come back!!!

1 comment:

ThePipeMan said...

10) If you turn someone down who offers you "healing and the Words of Life," it confuses the HECK out of them. :-D Ask one of us about this in person - telling it here just wouldn't do the story justice.

That was really funny! Come back anytime! You will always have a place to stay!