The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Monday, April 01, 2013

Phabulous Photo Phriday - Late But With a Good Excuse Edition!

Photo Phriday is happening on Monday. And there's a good reason for that...

My anniversary.

Now, usually it's pronounced "OUR anniversary."  And we do have one of those. It's in August, and unlike some husbands, (no disrespect to them, of course...) I always remember the date AND the number of years we're celebrating. (Last year was our 30th, this year will be #31. Who says I can't do math?!?

... I do.)

But there's another anniversary, and to keep things straight we refer to it as "MY anniversary." By that, I in no way infer that my Beloved has not been involved in it. Those who know me well and know what I'm celebrating also know that no step on this path has been alone - Herself has been on the journey with me, and I can never thank her enough.

She's pretty pleased too, for the record.

So - my three-year anniversary was Saturday, March 30. And I thought some then-and-now pics would be appropriate...

Then...


Now...


Then...


Now...


Then...


Now...


Then then then...




Now now now...




I think you get the idea... I know I do.

So as I think about the past 3 years, there's some folks who deserve a thank you...

Jeremy - thanks for allowing a really round guy to hang around with you and The Gov, making music together in all sorts of places...


First Cov Family - thanks for loving me as I was and loving me as I am. I am so blessed to be part of you...


Dr. John Mulder (and my other Porch Picker brothers!) - for taking a bass player into your ministry, and making him part of your life. Thank you, brother...

To some of the most important reasons I took the first step on this path, niecelets and nephews, thanks for your patience. Your uncle loves ya to pieces...
Young ladies who, for some reason, love their Weird Uncle...
To young women who, for some reason, still do.
Whether related by birth or picked up along the road...
Albeit a sometimes strange road...
With strange sights along the way.

Thanks to longtime friends, who waited patiently for me to be able to return the love they have so freely given over many years...


Many strange years...
With many strange consequences.

To all who have walked alongside us, cheering as the Lord brought about my ReBirth, right before your eyes...

To Tammie, Greg, & all the Rockford Riders, thank you!
I can finally keep up!!! A bit, anyway...
And to our TerraTrike peeps...
For making the tools I need...
To stay on my new path, and make it a SWEET ride!
But, most of all...


To the one who waited the longest...


And whose loving, clear gaze...


Always saw me like this.

Thank you, beloved. 30 years, and we're just getting started. I love you, Shade Of My Heart.

Thanks for joining us for a very emotional Phabulous Photo Phriday. Tune in next time to hear BekaV say...

"Wait - Daddy didn't used to HAVE a lap?? Inconceivable!!"

No comments: