The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The countdown to new knees

Had an appointment with Dr. Hoekman, the orthopedic surgeon, this morning. When I asked him how things look, his reply was "bad knees." :-) He's a man of few words, but I like him! So, we did a cortisone injection - always a happy time... Last one was in 11/03, and while it took care of the pain for a while, it lasted only a week. Granted, it was a great week, but the treatments can only be done every 6 months. So, 105 lbs lighter, we'll see how it goes this time. Warning - the next sentence is not for the faint-of-heart: And, he was able to use a normal needle this time - last time, to get it in there far enough, he had to use a spinal needle. Told you...

The biggie is, we now have a goal for the knee replacement: lose 100 more pounds, and he feels I'd be a canidate for knee replacement at that time. :-) So, my target weight of 270 is right about on track for my goal of new knees. Sweet!

The only down side to the injections is, without the pain in my knees, I'm now aware of the pain in the ankles, feet, etc. Sheesh. :-) All in all, a good thing. Now, off to walk around just for the joy of not hurting. :-)

No comments: