The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Vicki returneth!!! (weekly weigh-in)

It's been one of those weeks - just ridiculous as far as schedule. That's not always a bad thing - just a busy thing in this case. My food journal totally tanked this week - life was so unsettled that I just didn't get it done. And, I've been wandering around the fast, instead of having the total focus that is what I'm striving for.

I was relieved when I weighed in, to see that I had lost .2 lbs. Had a gain last week, and with the week I had I was expecting another gain. To not have lost ground is mercy indeed. Now, my focus can get back where it belongs.

Vicki flies in tonight at 9:45. And, I'll be there, eagerly waiting her return.

This weekend, we're making a flying trip up to my hometown, Oscoda. A couple from there are celebrating their 50th anniversary, and I'm going to be doing background music for their open house. They are a very special couple - I've always called them Mom & Dad. They have four daughters, but no sons. So, when the Father Son banquets would roll around at church, Dad Bundt would take me - the Dad without sons taking the boy without a dad. I've played at two of the four daughter's weddings, and their family has been a special part of our lives for as long as I can remember.

So, we drive 5 hours Saturday morning, play at the open house, and drive home that night. That's a tiny price to pay to pay tribute to people who have had a significant impact on our lives over the years.

Have a blessed weekend, dear friends!

No comments: