The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's hard to go backwards...

Anybody who's done any sort of regular excercise already knows this... why they didn't warn me is another question...

I hadn't been on my bike for 4 or 5 weeks... Family camp, the Shack, and the whole waiting-for-the-trike-to-get-here-so-we-can-ride-together debacle gave me plenty of reasons not to get out and ride...

But I had no idea how much it would cost me when I started riding again. Like worse than going back to nothing. Not fun at all.

Like I said, lots of you already knew this. I wish I had. :-)

And, adding to the problem, it was a no-bike-from-Saturday-to-Tuesday kind of weekend. So, hopefully I'll get a ride in tonight, and start up that very steep climb once again. Back toward when doing 7 or 8 miles in a day was feeling pretty good.

On a happy note, tho... Had my physical last week, and talked about riding with Dr. Jill. She said that while riding isn't the greatest for my knees, the recumbent helps a lot, and she doesn't want to limit my exercise, so I'm riding with her blessings! :-)

To the park. Tonight. Even if it's late. And tomorrow morning. :-)

I don't wanna have to get started all over again.

No comments: