The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Uncertainty

This is today's Word Of The Day... not on the air, but off. :-) It's hard not to react in a cynical manner when faced with what could possibly be a major life change. It's hard not to expect the worst when it seems like it's being served up on a silver platter as the Chef's catch o' the day. And, it's hard not to just want to go home, cave up in front of the tv, and get lost in despair.

Of course, all of the above not only excludes God from the picture, but denies everything I tell kids about Him every day on the air. Jer. 29:11 says that there is hope and a future. At the moment, that's hard to believe. But, when it all gets sorted out, I do believe that. I do believe that if a change is coming, He already knows about it, He already has planned for it, and He will bring things about in His timing.

And, that when all is sorted out, Romans 8:28 will be proven true once again.

Unfortunately, it's very very hard to see that at this point in time. Too much emotion, too much speculation, too much humanity gets in the way. Lord, let me remember that You not only have a plan, but that You walk with us, as well as walking ahead of us. Help me to see You, not everything else that would blind me.

No comments: