The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

What does a label say?

Vicki went along to my monthly visit to Miram, my counselor. And, as a result of some of our discussion, Miriam told us something about me that neither of us had expected...

The disappointment for you, dear reader, is that I'm not going to tell you what it is. Sorry.

Miriam had suspected this for a while, and she debated about even telling me this, but it had a direct connection to something Vicki was talking about, and it helped her put some things in perspective in dealing with her high-maintenance trophy husband. (Don't ask what the trophy is for...)

So, now I know that I probably am *this label*. But the reason Miram had debated about telling me this is that I, over the forty-six years I've been puttering around on this earth, have developed compensation skills for my *label*. I've learned to work around it, without even knowing what it is. She said she wouldn't even consider medication for this, since there's really no need.

This begs the question - does a label change things for us? It has helped me connect the dots on a couple of things that I've been struggling with, but does it change things? Yes and no, I think. It helps me identify why I have struggles with some things, and why certain things are hard for me. But, does it change me or redefine me? No - I don't think so. Hence my reason for not even sharing (except with a few crucial folks) what it is. It changes my approach to a few things, but as for who I am, it doesn't change that.

And, as for who I am in Christ, nothing changes that. Praise the Lord for His matchless grace...

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

Labels don't change what or who we are, but often change the way we view something. Be careful, labels brings clarity, but sometimes the label produces confusion. I pray that the insights you are gathering brings you closer to the hope and healing that God is promising you.

Amanda said...

New...and blue! I like it! :)