The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

That's a WRAP!

Well, the wire wrapping class was a hoot! I learned an interesting technique for working with beads and wire, and had a couple of fun hours!

Isn't it great how something like that - going to a class, learning something new - will brighten your perspective? The Lord's been impressing on me that I need to learn to wait for Him... and in that waiting, He's giving me opportunities to learn, to explore, and to grow.

Miriam put it into a good picture for me yesterday at my appointment - instead of wandering around, saying "what should I do now?", a better thought is, "what do I want to do now?" My calling hasn't changed - to glorify God by everything I do, even though the structure of how I do that has changed. Instead of focusing on one thing - His Kids Radio, I can now focus on many things - Toonz, doing storytelling and magic, working on music, and even creating jewelry, and still follow my calling - to follow Christ, to learn more of Him, and to glorify God with my life.

I said in an earlier post that I felt like I was in my calling, and God hung up on me. No - He just has transfered me to another extension. Now I have to settle in to my new place, and get a feel for it.

Now, as part of my "calling," I hear the dishes calling. The faster I get my chores done, the faster I can sit down at the jewelry desk and play with some of the stuff I learned today. (And the closer I get to making Hannah's birthday present... :-D )

No comments: