The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

If I was half the man my wife is...

As you will remember from a couple of weeks ago, this is my wife shooting a big ol' manly rifle...
And, here is my wife driving a big ol' manly truck...

As for me, I play my little tooty thingies...

And make stuff out of shiny bits of metal...

Weird, eh? I guess "normal" really is just a setting on the dryer. My father-in-law is a very patient man. He wanted a son-in-law... he got me. I don't golf. I don't watch sports. And, I knit. I think he likes me in spite of it all, but sometimes ya gotta wonder.

What a weird life. :-D

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha...that's hilarious. :)

I wanted to marry a guy that was burly like my dad but had good taste in fashion. What I got was a construction worker who is man enough to wear pink and purple shirts. Scary. :)

Denise said...

You sure know how to describe it so well! That's why I think we get along so well. Both of our marriages are pretty reversed -- yet we love our spouses and enjoy the 'variety' of life!

Jenelle said...

God created the two of you to fit perfectly together. As long as it is scriptural and works for the two of you - who cares if it fits the norm.

p.s. you've been tagged - see my blog for more info http://dowhatyousay.blogspot.com/