The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Father Daughter Banquet 2008

It's that time again - WCSG's Father-Daughter Banquet. I can't even remember how long I've been playing at this event, but I love it every year. Seeing the dads and daughters all "fancied up" and having a special evening is such a treat. Since I have 98% of my music memorized, I've got the best seat in the house for some serious people watching, and it's a hoot!

It's especially fun to watch what happens when I pick up a really big whistle - the word kind of spreads on my side of the room in a wave, as people get tapped on the shoulder and told, "look at that thing he's playing!" If I don't pay attention to business, I could make a funny noise from laughing through the whistle. The biggest reaction was when I picked up my bass recorder and played "The Rose" - the wave of heads turning to look at that big monster was enough to raise a stiff breeze! :-D (and, a number of dads and daughters walked by my little area, taking a good long look at the bass, and noticing that it's taller than some of the daughters looking at it...)

2 other fun things about last night...

1) Watching Lee Geysbeek (a.k.a. "Wally") walking around with his granddaughter. He's SO old... :-D

2) Playing "Remember When It Rained" in honor of Hannah, who labored so long at Father-Daughter past. This one's for you, dearheart!

Oh - and if I can get one, I'll post a picture of the AMAZING new vest Vicki made for me. Looks great with my tux shirt, and it's very VERY shiny purple!!!

Ok - one down, one more tonight. :-D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm sure you did a great job.

TTYS.

Jenelle said...

hmm... one of the events I miss most. I'm sure that you were a great addition again this year. It's been at least 6 years that you've been playing.