The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shuffle Post *A.D.D. Content*

*The following is a Shuffle Post - or what happens when a person with ADD blogs... the brain is set on "shuffle" so who knows what might get included. Continuity or any sort of sense is not guaranteed - read at your own risk...*

*** Watched the Fifth Element Sunday night, and I realized that I feel like Leeloo in the scene where she enters the word WAR into her screen, and is looking at all these images... When reading the news, I often get a little overwhelmed at all the terrible things reported. Yikes-a-Roni. Doesn't mean that we don't need to know what is going on in the world - just that sometimes I need to detox a bit from it.

*** Loveapalooza 2008 is now history, and it was a HOOT! A fun time was had by all! Thanks to everyone who came out and joined us!!

*** Ezri was in a cuddle mood this morning, which happens rarely. She's motivated by play, not by affection. So, when she gets in the mood to be petted, I always enjoy it.

*** Vicki left the house with both sets of keys today, so I'm gonna be a little late for work. :-D OK - a LOT late for work.

*** Work on the 10th season of Down Gilead Lane has begun, and I'm reminded again just how good God is. I LOVE getting to work on the show, and always feel unworthy and unqualified for the task. But here I am - a post-production editor for DGL, and loving every minute of it. (except for putting in footsteps - that's a little tedious... still fun, but tedious)

*** Two gigs this week with Jeremy - tomorrow night at The Black Rose, and Saturday night at the Whiskey Lounge. Not too sure about that last one - but Jeremy goes where the Lord opens doors, so we'll see what He has in store. :-D

*** The new bass Vicki got me for Christmas is AMAZING!!! I was thinking about that Sunday as we were doing How Great Is Our God, and I was adding some little fretless melodies in some of the quieter parts. Thanks, hon - I love this bass!!!

*** Getting ready for WCSG's Father Daughter Banquet. I'm doing background music for it again this year. Always one of my favorite gigs - fun to watch the dads and daughters have a special night together!

*** The bariatric surgery progress continues - we're waiting to see what Dr. Kemeter wants to do, since our insurance doesn't cover the procedure he would like to do. We can appeal, if there's a strong enough case for it, but it's up to him. The procedure he was wanting to do is a tougher operation, and the maintenance is much harder (in essence, you have to do all of your follow-up as perfectly as possible - not much room for error...) but he compares it to the difference between hitting a nail with a hammer or a sledgehammer. The other procedure usually results in about 70% loss of excess body weight. The procedure he'd like to do usually results in about 90%. I'd rather use the sledgehammer, but we'll see...

*** I'm a little glum about my new recumbent bike. Because of steering issues, I've fallen off of it three or four times, with the last one (in October) really doing a number on my right knee. We're going to try changing the steering and hopefully that will help, but I'm really afraid that this bike might not work for me. If that was the case, I'd have wasted about $2800 and would have a pile of regrets high enough to blot out the sun. Sunny days like today make me LONG for being able to get out and ride, but the bike scares me - having fallen so severly, I'm scared to try again. And afraid that I should have went for a trike instead of this one. Lots of doubts, fears, and places for the Enemy to play.

*** God is real. He makes Himself known in so many ways. But worship is still a tough thing for me. I haven't been back to the place of being able to really worship with my bass since before the layoff - I'm back to where it's just mechanical, with my heart kind of numb. Had a few glimmers of heartfelt worship last Sunday, and our ever-patient Father continues to work in my cold heart. My head is what acknowledges Him these days, because my heart still can't. It takes time, but that's ok - He has a lot of time and doesn't give up. :-D

There. My brain feels a lot lighter, having dumped so many random thoughts. :-D (Not that it was all that heavy to begin with - Vicki is the brains of this household. I'm just here for comic relief. :-D )

2 comments:

topher1kenobe said...

I've never been to the Whiskey Lounge, but I've really enjoyed The Black Rose every time I've been there.

Cal said...

I do too - it's a really nice place. I hear the shepherd's pie is amazing - have to actually eat there sometime!