The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Ft. Wayne - My kinda town...

Just got back from a couple of days in Ft. Wayne with our friends Suzie and David, and what a fun time it was! I played at a coffee house called Firefly, and it was sweet indeed. Lovely place to play, lovely friends to spend time with, and lovely driving down and up again.

And, Ezri had her first visit to the PetsHotel (in Petsmart on 28th street), and she also had a nice time. (and did very well, according to the folks there)

So, a groovy getaway for us all. Than
ks Suzie and that crazy man you adore. We love you two!

5 comments:

Dan G. said...

Glad to hear that this trip went so much better than the last one for all involved.

ThePipeMan said...

Is that his real hair? Was it rude to ask that? Will I feel bad if I find out that it is? Wheres Princess Buttercup???

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Suzie is my long lost friend. She's in Ft Wayne?? Is she married? You must send me a message with her email, or send her my email!!

Cal said...

In response...

Thanks, Dan. Yes, it was a groovy trip!

No, that's not David's real hair. (he's actually a head shaving kind of dude) He had us smuggle Suzie's wig to the gig, and he surprised her by wearing it.

Amelia - shoot me your email (cal "at" captaincal.info) and I'll pass it along to Suzie. Of course, that could be a moot point by now - Suzie reads my blog, so she might have already responded to you. :-D

Suzanne Cross-Burden said...

Guys...the wig looks even better on me!!

Smiles,
Suzie