The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Monday, January 26, 2009

A blast from Cal's past...

Here's the reason I first started playing the recorder:



Yup. The Friendly Giant. Specifically, the closing music. He's playing an alto recorder, but then after the castle is closed up, the music modulates and he plays another verse on a tenor recorder.

And my ever-patient mom, when we went to the music store, didn't make me get a little soprano recorder. No, I got the one just like Friendly plays - a tenor. Explains why my first whistle was a low D, doesn't it?...

Thanks, Friendly - for many years of recorder (and whistle) music. :-D

No comments: