The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Foto Friday / Saggy Saturday: Get Off Your Tushy Edition

Normally (yeah, like that word ever applies to any of the fluffy goodness around here...) the weekend post is humorous, usually involves Beka, and usually illustrates any number of ways I tend to put my human thoughts into her canine noodle.

"But it is not this day." (Thank you, Aragorn...)

I realized yesterday afternoon that something is seriously askew in my noodle, and needs to be fixed asap...

The discovery that I've lost all interest in getting out on my trike.

(Huge *gasp* from all 4.78 readers...)

I know.

This is a serious, serious, like, way serious dude, discovery. So hopefully some photo reminders will aid in kick starting my noggin and kicking a more "southern" region of my person as well.


This is right about when Big Blue became my ride of choice, posing ever so nicely here along with Vicki's Tour. One trike, two trike, red trike, blue trike.

Yup, she's a perfect fit.

Big Blue's first Rockford Ride...
I guess sometimes a long, seemingly endless winter, followed by a slow-to-arrive spring, topped off with a difficult life change and sprinkled with some deep, serious sadness will kill all sorts of things inside. I honestly didn't realize that it's already approaching mid-May, this weekend is the River Bank Run, and I haven't even had the trike off of the trailer to inflate the tires yet. No desire to.

Cedar Springs? Check.
This might be futile, but the only thing I can think of doing is looking through pictures, thinking about just how far I've come, and the places I've been... with my Big Blue.

Hello, Ada. Nice to see you!
There were "Ditch the Car" days, when I'd load everything I needed for writing and such onto the trike, take off and get where I wanted to go on three wheels. And it felt great...

"And I'm leav-in, on a Big Blue. Don't know when I'll eat Mu Shuuuuu..."
Those who know me well can guess what my destination might be...

Biggby at Celebration North

Biggby on Chicago Drive

Biggby on Fuller

Biggby Downtown
Yeah.

So reflections like these go one of two ways... they could sink me further down, for all that I've experienced and then lost; or they can remind me that there are more adventures to come...

Riverside Park
Musketawa Trail
Ravenna with Ezzie the Wonder Dog (who I still miss...)
Meeting up with a hottie on the Kent Trail
If I don't ride, if I just let it all go, how will I ever get back here?...

Mackinac Island, or as I think of it, Trike Narnia
There is my reputation to consider, too... After all, me not riding my TerraTrike is like Jared chowing down on McAnything...

The "Face" of the Rover... which means the Rover got dissed!
I'm part of a community of riders, and sometimes I don't imagine it's any easier for them to get their hineys out there on the trike than it is for me. We all have to get up, get out, and move. It hurts, it's frustrating, and it takes so much effort to even come close to where I'd been.

-But-

Trying the Rover prototype - May, 2010
If I remember where I started, four years ago...

Summer, 2010 - RoverLove!
Maybe I can see how far I've come...

Labor Day 2010
And that I really don't have that far to go...

Riverside Park - with an unconvinced Beka
To start again.

It's been a good ride, these past 4 years!
Important? Yes - both to my physical and mental health. To quote myself from a TerraTrike article in the GR Press...

"The surgery took the weight off, the TerraTrike KEEPS the weight off..."
So, on a sunny day like today, I believe I'll be out in the driveway, oiling the chain, pumping up the tires, and remembering that though Big Blue and I have been quite a ways together, there's many more miles ahead.

She's waiting for me...
To quote St. Bilbo of Baggins, "I think I'm quite ready for another adventure." 

Me too, B-man. Me too.

Besides, if I don't get in shape with Big Blue, how will I ever handle...

The Sportster??

"CHOM CHOM CHOMMMMMM!"
(That was dramatic music, in case you didn't recognize it...)
Thanks for joining us for a butt-kicking edition of Foto Friday, although I'm really living more in Saggy Saturday. Tune in next time to hear Beka say...

"Try dragging THIS around, trike boy! HAH!!"

No comments: