The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Progress, albeit slowly (weekly weigh-in)

Another three pounds. I'm now under 380 lbs. for the first time in more years than I can remember. And, it was a great class - Neil, our exercise guy, gave us an entire routine on a ball - which I love. Confirms that I'll be placing that order for a couple of balls - one for Vicki, and one for me. :-)

(why not just run down to the store and get one?... Well, in order to use it, and be able to use weights with it, it has to be able to support both my weight and the weights I use, as well as allowing me to do exercises on it. So, since weight capacity isn't generally listed on the ones you'll find at local stores, I have to shop for a "big boy ball" on line, for one of the ones we use at the center.)

All in all, another good day - good sleep last night, good day today, and good time of worship tonight at church, playing my whistles at our Maundy Thursday service. Need to work harder on staying strictly in the program, making sure to use my scale to weigh portions, and journal everything. Need to focus harder...

But, it's looking more and more like spring, which will allow us to get out and explore our world, and that always helps my motivation. Don't get me wrong - I'm a dedicated winter person. But, I've learned more appreciation for warmer weather, because I've found I really look forward to getting out with Vicki and doing stuff - playing catch, taking a walk (or a wheel, if I'm in the chair) by the river, etc. Even using the ball and weights on the back patio instead of inside will be a real treat.

Thanks to the Lord of the changing seasons, for all His mercy every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cal,
Keep it up, you're doing great. I realized that if you only loose 2 or 3 pounds a week then in just a year you'll be between 230 and 280, depending how aggressive you are. But, think of it, 2 pounds a week is very achievable with moderate excersise and moderate eating. Very do-able. The liquid diet may jumpstart you in the right direction but it will be the consistency afterwards that gets you there. I'm rooting for ya.