The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Friday, May 11, 2007

"Get Off My Lawn!!"

I realized something today. I've decided not to be the grumpy old man who yells at the neighborhood kids, "get off my lawn!!!"

Ezri went off this afternoon, big time. So I figure the disturbance must be local, rather than across the street. I go out on the porch, look down the driveway, and see a little yellow Corvette parked up near the van. As in VERY little - and electronic. I hear a girl in distress down the street, then realize they're coming toward me. I ask, "are YOU the one who got a car stuck in my driveway?" Her dad says, "it don't got reverse..." and picks up the car to turn it around. Then they both get in (on) the car, and drive off, while I smile and wave.

So, no - I'm not going to be the grumpy old man. Besides, if the kids crawl all over the lawn, maybe they'll stomp it down enough so I can put off mowing for a while. (since I have to mow with a weedwhacker, I tend to put it off as long as I can...) Kids playing in the neighborhood mean families in the neighborhood, and that's a good thing.

Besides, how often have YOU had a yellow Corvette stuck in your driveway? :-D

3 comments:

Amanda said...

A little yellow corvette? That's fun. Nathan got a little red "Lightning McQueen" (from the movie Cars) for his birthday. It's been stuck in the driveway, in the yard, and even a half-mile down the street at our neighbor's house. :) Kids in the 'hood are a good thing - and you and Vicki might be the only way they get to see Jesus.

Cal said...

He's got Lightning? Man - I am SO jealous. Cars is one of my all-time faves!! We now have a tomato plant that we call 'Mater. :-D

Jenelle said...

There is an adventure in everyday - even as a house hubby or stay at home mom. You never know who's yellow corvette will end up in your driveway!