The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Monday, August 06, 2007

25 years and counting!!!

25th Anniversary = SILVER anniversary
August 7th, 1982 - August 7th, 2007

Does the silver refer to the color our hair is gradually becoming?

Or is it the silver wire that I make jewelry with?

Since Vicki moves like quicksilver, is it talking about her?

We both enjoyed Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - but I don't think it's talking about that...

Silver coins (true silver ones, that is) are very valuable, so it might be referring to that...

We got a silver tray for our wedding - I guess we should haul it out, eh?

Since silver is a "precious" metal, I guess this is our precious anniversary
("Yesssss it is, my precious...)

The Bible says that God is more precious than silver, so that gives me a good idea of its value.

We're not doing anything special today, since we don't have a lot of silver these days... or green for that matter. :-D

So, on this silver day, I give thanks to our precious Lord, that 25 years ago, He brought us together. And that after 25 years, we're just getting started learning how "two become one."

I love you, Vicki Sue.
Happy Silver anniversary.


3 comments:

topher1kenobe said...

Congrats you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (...not adversary...as spellcheck recommended. not sure if that was my incompetents as a spellr or what...)!

jk, Hope it was a great one!

SJMcJ

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary...late sorry. I love the pixs. I miss you. Can we hang out soon?!