The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy birthday, beloved...

I'll admit it - in all the fervor of celebrating Talk Like A Pirate Day, I did let something slide by. But I wanted to save it, to give it a proper place. So, here it is.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI!!!! (yesterday, that is...)

So, stealing an idea from Amelia (who's blog you'll find a link to over on the right), I'm going to make a list. Now, Amelia only had to do 30, for Ked's 30th. But, without revealing Vicki's age, I think I'll go for a bit more than that... Say... Um... oh... 45. Don't have ANY idea why that number popped into my head. Really. No clue...

45 things I love about Vicki...
1) She's a true technogeek
2) She likes to fix things. LOTS of things.
3) She makes amazing grilled cheese sammys
4) Her singing voice is lovely
5) She rocks on the tympani
6) She's a good pianist too
7) Her problem solving skills are truly great
8) She has GPS DNA - if we need to get there, she'll find it
9) She loves to drive
10) Her taste in music is eclectic as mine
11) She's just as crazy as I am
12) Her laugh - which can be heard over great distances
13) Her smile, which brightens up my day
14) Her eyes, lovely green - I sometimes call her Bright Eyes
15) She gives great hugs
16) And back scratches
17) She loves God deeply
18) She serves others selflessly
19) She cares about others deeply
20) She has mad math skills
21) She is patient... very VERY patient
22) She loves dogs
23) She cries at movies
24) She loves me unconditionally
25) She will drop everything to help someone else
26) God has gifted her with a servant's heart
27) She is in this marriage for the long haul
28) She wouldn't mind being an OTR truck driver
29) She looks at me, and doesn't see my weight first
30) She's very curious
31) She makes the "monkey face"
32) She loves with her whole heart
33) She works with her whole heart
34) She lives with her whole heart
35) She always does what's right even when no one else is watching
36) She shows me what God's love looks like
37) She was (and is) a true daughter to my mom
38) She's as into quotes as I am
39) Her sense of humor - we laugh a lot around here
40) Her intuition - I always trust her instincts
41) She's beautiful - both on the outside and the inside
42) She's my #1 fan
43) In any situation, her thought is, "how can I help?"
44) She is exactly who she is - never false, never unkind, never petty or cruel
45) She's The World's Best Kisser!!!!!! (T.W.B.K)
(What, Amanda? Did you think I'd leave that one out????)

Happy birthday beloved. I love you more each day...

No comments: