The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Van unloaded, hubby grinning...

It's been at least a couple of years since I was able to help Vicki with some simple household tasks - those that I couldn't do seated.

Today, after a minor trip to Meijer, I unloaded the car.

That's it.

But what a huge step it is. :-D Took three trips from the van in the driveway, into the back entry and put the stuff down. And I did it all without stopping or resting.

To compare, if I had attempted this in, say, December, it would have taken me a half hour, would have required much rest between trips, and I wouldn't have been able to breathe for 15 minutes after.

This time, three trips, no stopping, no sitting down, no panting. Just did it. Vicki arrived, and only had to close the back gate of the van.

A few small steps for a normal person, one giant grin for Cal. :-D

4 comments:

topher1kenobe said...

That's good stuff. I assume you have good reasons for not blogging more about it, but I'm interested and excited to hear about it.

To quote Red Green, "Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!"

Jenelle said...

Way to go Cal. Another victory to hold on to when times get tough and temptation shows it's ugly face.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Progress is always a wonderful thing! You're not on this journey alone...not only does our Father promise to carry you, but you've got a lot of cheerleaders pulling for you!

Love and God's Blessings!

Liz

Anonymous said...

Keep it up! You'll be running marathons in no time :)

Slim Jim