The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Living in a Fish Bowl

Something that I didn't expect when I started this blog thang was the change in conversations that happens... After a great time at church Sunday, we spent a wonderful afternoon with some friends having lunch (sampling some bbq sauce recipes, and once again confirming my status as a GirlieMan by finding all of them a tad hot for me...) and catching up with each other.

The interesting thing is, when I'd start to relate something that is going on, I'd get a nod and smile like "Yeah, I know that...I read your blog." This is not a bad thing (and since I know those in question read this thing, read that again - this is not a bad thing...) since it frees up space to concentrate on others and hear what they're up to, but it's still something to get used to. It's kind of like being on the radio, where people will hear my voice and have a sense that I'm 'around' but I'm not.

Like I said, this isn't a bad thing - just one of those interesting things that one stumbles across from time to time. Speaking of stumbling, time to go to work. :-)

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

Think of it this way... for those of us who don't get a chance to see each other face-to-face and detest long telephone calls, this is a great way to stay in touch.

Just cuz i'm not in the office much anymore doesn't have to mean that we can't stay in touch.

amelia said...

I made the mistake of telling my husband once when he asked how my day went to read my blog. That didn't go over so well! :) The problem I find is that people think we are "staying in touch" because they read my blog, but they don't have a blog, but they talk like they do and as if I have read their non-existent blog and then I'm completely confused!!