The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Monday, December 05, 2005

I GOT BOOTS!!!

Small background refresher: Most folks know I have lymphedema - causes my legs below the knee to swell, since fluid pools there and doesn't move through the body like it should. Because of that, I can't wear boots - my left leg is deformed enough that anything taller than a shoe doesn't work. Doesn't help that my feet are 11.5, EEEE. Not a lot of choices in that range, other than diving flippers...

But, today at the most awesome shoe store on the planet, Mieras Shoes, I actually found a pair of boots. We can waterproof them, and I'll not have soaked feet all through the winter. YEEHAW!! Mieras is where I usually buy my shoes, since they don't break out in laughter when I mention that I'm a quadruple E.

May not sound like a biggie to you, but when all you can wear in winter is shoes, boots are something to get pumped about. Less snow down the shoes, less wetness in the stockings. (not just socks, but the compression stockings that I wear daily. When my feet get wet, it's wet times two...)

I'm excited. I'm thrilled. And, I'm thankful. :-D

No comments: