The Whistler's Dream

Everybody needs a dream...
Mine is to go to Oklahoma and play whistles for The Pioneer Woman. (Having been invited, not in a "creepy stalker" kind of way, for the record.) Heck, I'd play in a pup tent in the backyard for the joy of the cows and critters. What can I say? I'm a fan.
Everybody needs a dream...

Random Fluffy Foto!

Random Fluffy Foto!
Writing in bed, and Beka editing by ear. Really. The ear typed some letters. Really.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

"Now THAT was fun!!"

Why, yes - that title IS a movie quote. Thanks for noticing. :-D

Our worship leader, Jeremy, is also a solo artist with one CD out and another being finished. Well, tonight he played at Beanabox here in GR along with Julie Belle, and Jeremy brought along his band.

The band, being his sister Cara (she of the voice like an angel) adding vocals, his dad, Dave playing drums, and the one non-Hoekstra present, me playing bass. It was a sweet time, and a ton o' fun for me.

Then, I got to hear Julie Belle, and if you ever get the opportunity you should too. She has an amazing voice, and writes her own tunes. Good stuff indeed.

Jeremy and Julie will be back at Beanabox on July 21st - write it down and come if you can. It's a night of good music. And, really good smoothies! (I recommend the mango; Vicki gives props to the strawberry banana)

No comments: